Friends of the Museum
The purpose of the association is to provide financial and charitable support for the museum, and to promote the study of subjects relating to the museum.
The association was founded in 2000 and now has around 100 members. Friends of the museum can take guided tours behind the scenes. We have looked inside cupboards, wardrobes and other places that are normally hidden. We have also seen the Countess's wedding dress, calling cards and medical equipment of the period.
The association also arranges regular outings; one of the places which the friends of the museum have visited is Södertuna in Södermanland, where Wilhelmina and Walther von Hallwyl's eldest daughter Ebba lived for a while with her family.
What does the membership involve?
You will be able learn more about the Hallwyl museum and get to participate in exciting visits behind the scenes.
- Free entry to the reception rooms and free guided tours of the Hallwyl Museum
- A 25% discount on own products in the Hallwyl Museum shop, together with a 50% discount on programmes arranged by the museum (for example lectures and concerts)
- A newsletter twice a year
- The opportunity to take part in outings and special holidays arranged by the friends of the museum, including visits to private collections in Sweden and in other countries. The association also organises special tours.
- Free entry to Skokloster Castle and to the Royal Armoury.
- A 25% discount on own products in the Skokloster Castle and the Royal Armoury shop
How to join
The annual fee is SEK 300
Family members living at the same address pay only SEK 125
Postal giro account 441 50 82-9, Friends of the Museum.
Please let us know your e-mail address, if you have one.
Or telephone Kerstin Thorén: +46-(0)70-760 80 04